Monday, May 28, 2007

My Unlikely Prayer


My Unlikely Prayer
Current mood: grateful
Category: Life

I used to pray every night. This was my prayer:

"Dear Lord, please forgive me for I have sinned.
God Bless (whoever I felt needed it, but usually everyone / world)
Amen!"

Life is trivial to me, as it probably is to many people.
We all probably ask the question -
"Who am I?" - "Why am I here?" - "What's my purpose?".

One day I asked God this question and my answer was another question.
"Why do you ask for yourself? Why not ask for the purpose of others?"

As I grew up having it all yet having nothing I saw that gratefulness was the one and only true way to happiness and happiness changes the world! Gratefulness is the only true way to Heaven, in my opinion - this touched me.

Later in my life I would pray for strength. Again, I heard the same message in my head -
"Why do you pray for strength to only help yourself? Strength is limited."

Yes, this is true.

I thought - why not ask for inspiration - inspiration is unlimited......

So I prayed for inspiration.

Nothing happened! I achieved nothing new......



I BECAME the inspiration.....

~Samantha

3:43 PM - 5 Comments - 3 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

"THE DEMON SLAYER"

Samantha I hope you are planning on publishing that and other poems. You have a beautiful heart and mind.

Posted by "THE DEMON SLAYER" on Saturday, March 03, 2007 at 4:32 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Nevada Lights

No, I'm not trying to be poetic - its a true story! People tell me that they get an energy from me, they feel inspired by me and I realized that my prayer WAS answered! I just didn't know it.



What an amazing thing that our prayers are answered the way we would have answered them ourselves. Belief is indeed powerful, even if you just believe in yourself.

Posted by Nevada Lights on Saturday, March 03, 2007 at 4:38 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


ed

Read the book of James, about asking God

Also

Ephesians 3:20
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,

I hope/pray this help

Posted by ed on Sunday, March 04, 2007 at 6:18 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Nevada Lights

What are you saying Ed? I don't understand.....


Posted by Nevada Lights on Sunday, March 04, 2007 at 6:36 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]

No comments: